Speech and Language Therapist
Does working 4 days a week but with FULL pay sound like a dream?!*
It doesn’t have to be! Have a better work/life balance and come and work for Outcomes First Group!
Job Title: Speech and Language Therapist
Location: Hillingdon Manor School, Middlesex
Salary: up to £53.200 per annum (dependent on experience) plus £2000 Training allowance
Hours: 36.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Contract: Permanent, 52 weeks
We understand the value of helping our employees to achieve their Continued Professional Development goals and offer a £2,000 training allowance to allow you to complete role specific training tailored to your individual requirements.
About the role
We are looking for Speech and Language Therapists to join our Clinical Hub working as a key integrated member of our local clinical and education teams. You will be responsible for holding a caseload of autistic people with associated needs such as ADHD, social communication difficulties, sensory processing needs and trauma.
You will provide specialist Speech and Language Therapy assessment and intervention plans to support and develop the functional communication skills of pupils with complex communication needs. With the full support of our large and experienced Clinical Hub, you will also contribute to staff training, consultation, and reflective practice. Both a challenging and rewarding role, this position would suit a resilient and enthusiastic individual, with a therapeutic approach and the ability to make decisions, as well as manage their own workload.
Our well-established multidisciplinary Clinical Team maintain a nurturing and loving environment where our pupils can flourish, always putting them at the forefront of everything they do. All our settings maintain a strong safeguarding culture, and our pupils are heard, respected and involved in decisions that affect them wherever possible.
When it comes to looking after our pupils, we strive for excellence, which is why we are the leading service provider in the UK. With this in mind, we are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist who shares our vision; to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Location: Hillingdon Manor School, Middlesex
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland and Wales with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
We are really proud to say that in 2023, Outcomes First Group were officially certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the fourth year running.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care and Options Autism.
For more information on the group please visit: https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/
- Recognised Speech & Language Therapy degree
- Valid and up to date HCPC Registration
- Registered member of RCSLT
- Previous experience of paid or voluntary work within a trauma or complex needs setting
- Clear and concise report writing relating to clinical and research activities
- Hold a full UK driving licence, with access to a car
- Experience within the specialist client group. (complex communication issues relating to autism, including language disorder, dyspraxia, sensory impairment, learning disabilities/difficulties and associated challenging behaviour)
- Experience of multi-professional work with teams or services within the designated speciality preferred. Newly qualified candidates will be considered.
- Ability to work independently
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: [email protected]
Why work for us?
Alongside working with a network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection and practice development, Outcomes First Group offer an array of flexible benefit options:
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- £2000 training allowance
- Life Assurance
Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
- work 4 days, be paid for 5 *T&C’s apply
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the people in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.
Job ID: 229869