Homework by definition is any schoolwork that a teacher sets for pupils to do at home. Homework is designed to reinforce or consolidate classroom skills in order to further develop pupils as independent learners with a sense of self-discipline. It is also an invaluable opportunity for parents, teachers and pupils to cooperate and be involved with each other.
The purpose of homework at Hillingdon Manor School is to:
- Reinforce the work covered in class in different ways
- Access resources not available in the classroom
- Further research topics covered in class
- Have an opportunity to work independently
- Demonstrate progress and understanding for moderation
- Provide feedback in the evaluation of teaching
- Enhance their study skills e.g. planning, time management and self-discipline
- Attempt to take ownership and responsibility for learning
- Engage parents in the pupils learning at school
- Create channels for home school dialogue
Show My Homework
Hillingdon Manor uses the website www.showmyhomework.co.uk as an online portal for students and parents. Here, they can access their individual homework timetable, know when work is due and also submit their homework online.
Click here to access our homework policy.